Glasgow Solidarity Network is a volunteer network of people who support each other and organise to deal with specific housing, job and other problems caused by the greed of the the rich and powerful. We recognise that housing and employment law protects landlords and bosses more often than tenants and workers, and we take direct action to protect ourselves and to build solidarity.
OUR AIMS AND PRINCIPLES
1. Glasgow Solidarity Network is an all volunteer mutual support network.
2. We use collective direct action, like picketing estate agents to win back stolen deposits/fees or picketing employment agencies to win back stolen wages.
3. We organise by direct democracy – everyone has an equal say.
4. We oppose all forms of discrimination and oppression by landlords, employers or individuals amongst us.
5. When deciding what struggles to get involved in we ask:
(a) Can we win it?
(b) Are the people affected willing to participate and will they come out to support other tenants and workers?